Bertram Crellin, a surgeon, bought the Edwardian property in 1909 from Robert Dwyer. In 1910 he built this house, a 2 storey Edwardian Villa for use as a residence. The former residence at 265 Johnston Street, Abbotsford, is of local architectural significance. Although its significance has been diminished by alterations, it remains a relatively externally intact example of an unusually large Edwardian residence unusual for Abbotsford on a prominent corner site.
Dr. Bertram Crellin, a former president of the Collingwood Cricket Club, died 1939 in a private hospital in Sandring-ham, he carried on his practice in Sandringham until a short time before his death.
Dr. Crellin was well known in sporting circles, and was a playing member of the La Mascotte cricket team. His interests were not confined only to cricket. Dr. Crellin was vice-president and medical officer of the Collingwood Football Club for several years, and was made a life member of that club in 1924. A widow, three daughters, and a son survive him. He is now resting in Springvale Cemetery.